Recently I wrote a blog about some of the DIY Personal Care products I use. Someone asked for the recipes so I am sharing some of them here. There are soooo many different recipes for these items and you may have to do a little research or testing to get the right thing which works for you. Enjoy!
- I use the No Poo Method
- Basically I add a teaspoon of baking soda to hot water and wash my hair with it.
- I do this about 2-3 times a week because my hair looks great for about 3 days with this method.
- Sometimes I do a rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar – it eliminates the flyaway but since the weather has warmed up and there is no longer static I have eliminated this process
- 2 parts Baking Soda
- 1 part coconut oil
- Peppermint oil – don’t swallow
- Mix this all together and use a dollop on your toothbrush. Slightly whitens your teeth each day
Cleanser – OCM (Oil Cleanse Method)
- 1 part Castor oil
- 3 parts EVOO
- I have dry skin so I use only one part Castor oil – you may have to adjust depending on your skin type
- I put some on my finger tips and rub all over my face
- I then wash is off with a very hot wash cloth
Eye Makeup Remover
- 1/3 C distilled water
- ¾ Teaspoon baby shampoo
- ¼ teaspoon baby oil
- I use an old eye makeup remover bottle which is 2.3 oz
- I have read bad things about baby oil on skin but I continue to use. You could probably use olive oil
- Mix it up and then put some on a cotton ball and wipe away the eye makeup
Thieves Oil (this can be purchased from a Young Living Rep – But I found a recipe and made my own)
T = Tablespoon t = teaspoon
- 3T – Clove oil
- 3T – Lemon Oil
- 7.5t – Cinnamon oil
- 6t – Rosemary oil
- 6t – Eucalyptus oil
- Fills a little more than a 4 Oz bottle
- The cost for this mix is about $35.00
- It lasts a really long time.
- In Antibacterial Foaming Soap
- On my acne and oily areas
- On a cotton ball to breathe in when I am congested
- On my lips when I feel a cold sore coming on – then use 5-8 times a day and it clears the cold sore up in a day or so
- There are tons of other uses
Do you have any DIY personal care recipes to share? We’d love to try them out!