This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
The closer we get to Christmas, the more stressed out I get. It seems that I can’t catch my breath between work, home, shopping for gifts and running everyone here and there. I’ll spend most of my weekend in the car, or at least that’s how it feels. Being on the go doesn’t mean that I can’t contribute something delicious to our holiday gatherings, even if I’ve only got five minutes to spare!
Who doesn’t have canned tomatoes in their pantry? People tend to think of them as an add-in and rarely as the star in tempting holiday appetizers and meals. Me, I like to think that anything can be the star. By using ConAgra products (like Hunt’s and RO*TEL) and other ingredients like fresh produce, you can create a simple and delicious dish to share in no time flat! Stress-free cooking at it’s finest!
To make this simple and delicious Five Minute Bruschetta, you just need to grab a few items at your local Walmart. You can see a full list below. The best part about this Five Minute Bruschetta is that you can make it ahead! It stores well in the refrigerator for up to two days. Just pop it in the microwave for a minute or two to knock off the chill before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate it below!
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Can Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Slice the French bread 1/2 inch thick.
- Using half the olive oil, brush French bread slices with olive oil.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Place the bread under the broiler until toasted (approximately 2 minutes).
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, basil, vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper together.
- Top toasted bread slices with mozzarella, then the tomato mixture.
Be sure to visit the canned tomatoes aisle at your local Walmart and grab your favorite pantry staples from ConAgra products, then check out other great #YesYouCAN recipes here.