|Fried Italian Herb Macaroni |
Author: Jamie Rippy
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 8 oz Macaroni Noodles, uncooked
- 2 cubes Italian Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starters
- 1 small Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- While the macaroni is cooking, heat 2 cubes of Italian Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starters over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Once the Sauté Express® Sauté Starters have started to bubble, add the onion and cook until just translucent.
- Drain the macaroni and return it to the pot.
- Add tomatoes and the onion mixture.
- Take a spoon of the hot mixture and add it to the beaten egg.
- Stir quickly to temper the egg.
- Add the egg mixture to the pasta mixture and stir well.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the hot skillet, distribute it evenly and press down on it to flatten and compact it in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat approximately 10 minutes or until the bottom of the macaroni has browned and the egg in the mixture has cooked completely.
- Turn out onto a cutting board and allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Recipe by at http://mamamommymom.com/fried-italian-herb-macaroni-a-hearty-weeknightsupper-featuring-sauteexpress/