|Not So Fried Green Tomatoes |
Author: Jamie Rippy
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 4 Green Tomatoes
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off the tops of the tomatoes, making sure you cut away all of the hard stem from the center.
- Slice your tomatoes between ¼ and ½ inch thick.\
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and combine with the milk.
- Dredge each slice in the flour, dip in the egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs.
- Place the slices on sprayed baking rack set into a foil lined pan.
- Spray the tops of the tomatoes lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by at http://mamamommymom.com/going-to-the-movies-sundaysupper-style-not-so-fried-green-tomatoes/