|Quick and Easy Coffee Crusted Steak |
Author: Jamie Rippy
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Not your typical steak, a coffee crusted steak has a fantastic, unique flavor even a non-coffee lover will love.
- 2 Sirloin Strip Steaks (or any other cut of your choice)
- ½ cup McCafé Coffee grounds
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Mix the coffee grounds, Garlic Salt and Pepper in a small bowl.
- Press your steak into the mixture to completely coat the steak.
- Turn oven on "broil" setting.
- In an oven-safe skillet large enough to hold both steaks, not touching, heat your olive oil over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the steaks to the pan.
- Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes until the steak seared out the outside and has released from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the second side and additional 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer your pan to the oven.
- Broil the steak on the top rack for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the steak and broil for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- If you prefer your steak medium or less, adjust the broiling time accordingly. Your steak will cook very quickly under the broiler.
Recipe by at http://mamamommymom.com/quick-and-easy-coffee-crusted-steak/