|Cinnamon Infused Hot Chocolate w/ Southern Comfort Whipped Cream #SundaySupper |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A slightly more adult version of a childhood favorite
- For the Hot Chocolate:
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- ½ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ cup Hot Water
- For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup Southern Comfort
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- Heat milk and cinnamon sticks over medium-low heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- While the milk heats, in a separate sauce pan, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, salt and hot water. Bring those to a boil. Continue boiling for 2 -3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove both the milk and cocoa mixture from the heat.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the milk and set aside.
- Slowly add the milk to the cocoa mixture and stir. Return to the stove on low heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining sugar, heavy whipping cream and Southern Comfort. Beat with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the hot chocolate topped with the whipped cream. If desired, garnish with a cinnamon stick and/or a light sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Recipe by at http://mamamommymom.com/cinnamon-infused-hot-chocolate-w-southern-comfort-whipped-cream-sundaysupper/