Author: Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, Emeril's Potluck, William Morrow Publishers, New York, 2004
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups unsalted mixed nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts and almonds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix spices and reserve.
- Heat the nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to toast, about 4 minutes.
- Add the butter and cook, stirring, until the nuts begin to darken, about 1 minute.
- Add the spices, the sugar, 1 tablespoon of water and the salt and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and the nuts are glazed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating them with a fork.
- Let the nuts stand until cooked and the sugar has hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by at http://mamamommymom.com/spiced-pecans-and-a-new-years-potluck-with-emeril-for-sundaysupper/