This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WrapGiveRepeat #CollectiveBias
While I know that gifts have nothing to do with the true meaning of the holiday season, I can’t help but be excited about the prospect of shopping for my love ones, picking out the perfect gift and watching their expressions when they open the packages I have carefully wrapped to reveal the goodies hidden inside. I aim for the gifts I give to be a visually pleasing part of our holiday decor from the time I place them under the tree until we had out gifts at our gift exchange.
My grandmother taught me how to wrap gifts. I’ve practiced a lot over the years and here are a few of the things I’ve learned.
1. Choosing a sturdy wrapping paper is a must, especially if you’re wrapping odd shaped gifts. Corners are killer on thin paper. (Tip – I you are using a thinner wrapping paper, cover the corner areas with a small strip of tape. You can pick up a Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape 3 Pack Caddie or Scotch® Magic™ Tape 3 Pack Caddie near the wrapping paper at Walmart.)
2. Always use a small strip of Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape to secure your starting edge to your package, preferably on the backside of the package. This keeps the wrapping paper from slipping and makes sure you have a nice, even seam. I really love using wrapping paper that has grid lines on the back. It helps me keep everything nice and neat.
3. Nice, tight folds on the end will keep you gift wrapping job neat. Don’t skimp on the Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape. You only need small pieces, and you can generally hide them under the folds. Try to keep in mind where the front of your gift is, and fold so that you are folding the last flap toward the back of the package.
4. Gift wrapping isn’t complete without some embellishments. Add ribbon, string or a bow to your gift for extra color and dimension. Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape is the perfect way to adhere bows, ribbons and gift tags.
5. Speaking of gift tags, don’t skimp on those! One thing that people always notice are your gift tags. Of course, they have to! That’s the only way to see who a gift is to and from.
You can always buy gift tags, but we really like making our own. We’ve made a variety of tags over the years. This year, I’ve designed some printable tags that can be customized with To/From names and as well as blank templates that allow you to design your own! All of the files you need for the options I describe below can be downloaded here.
Wrap.Give.Repeat for a great holiday season! There is no better time to stock up on all of your gift wrapping needs than right now. Visit your local Walmart for an amazing selection of all of the gift wrap essentials. Find everything you need from start to finish, including a full selection of Scotch® Brand products.
Scotch® Brand is working with Fisher House, a charity that provides a network of comfort homes where military and veterans’ families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment, and is donating $200,000 to the cause this holiday season. By shopping Scotch® Brand products, you’re helping support the mission to aid military and veterans’ families. Bonus, you can save by shopping early with 50% Bonus Rollback at Walmart.
Do you have a special wrapping technique or pattern you follow year to year? We’d love to hear about it. Share here in the comments or on our Facebook page.