As part of a campaign sponsored by Collective Bias®, I was asked to create a few simple holiday recipes using Kraft products that you might find in my pantry any day of the week. These Peanut Butter Brownie Bites and Bacon Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms will make you the hit of any holiday party or post holiday gathering! All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the sponsor or by Kraft.
I’m always looking for an easy, yet impressive appetizer to cart to social gatherings this time of year. Nobody wants to be the one who shows up with chips and dip (at least I don’t want that to be me) and being a foodie, I want to show up with something that will leave people talking. These mushrooms will leave people talking.
I’m big on using what you have, so when it comes times to make something for dinner or even for a party, so the first thing I do when it’s time to plan is head to the pantry. I like to open the doors, stand back and take a good look around. I usually start crafting a recipe in my head as soon as my eye hits something interesting or something I might be craving. I almost always have Kraft Stove Top and Kraft Ranch Dressing in the pantry (of course, there’s dressing in the fridge too!)
A friend of mine just bought her first house! She’s so excited. She was very iffy about having a housewarming party, especially this time of year, but with a little encouragement… I’ve got a small crowd to feed the week before Thanksgiving. Yay! A trip to Wal-Mart (where I always shop when I need stuff to feed a crowd) is in my future. Clearly, it’s time to start prepping a menu. Where do I start? My pantry! That’s literally where these Bacon Ranch Mushrooms were born.
- 1 pkg Kraft Stove Top Stuffing - Savory Herb Flavor
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 16 oz pkg White Mushrooms
- ½ cup Kraft Ranch Dressing
- 6 slices Bacon, cooked
- ⅔ cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Kraft Stove Top according to package directions.
- While preparing the Stove Top, wipe the mushrooms clean using a damp cloth.
- Gently remove the stems from the mushrooms, reserving about half of the stems.
- Chop reserved stems into small pieces.
- Chop cooked bacon into small pieces.
- Once cooled slightly, mix the Stove Top, chopped stems, bacon and cheese in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and place the caps on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the stuffing has browned and the mushrooms have softened slightly.
After soaking up the savory flavor of the Bacon Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms, guests at any holiday gathering will be awed by the presentation and flavor of Peanut Butter Brownie Bites.
At any given time, you can almost be guaranteed to find Planter’s Peanut Butter and Baker’s Chocolate in my pantry and Cool Whip in my fridge. They are staples… staples for baking (which I love to do!) and snacking (which my kids love to do!).
We will run through a serious amount of Cool Whip between now and New Years… and we constantly run through an impressive amount of peanut butter. And chocolate… well, you know how that is. Home isn’t home without chocolate. Baker’s Chocolate melts so easily – and will dress up any dessert with just a drizzle.
You can use your favorite brownie mix to make fun little fillable cups… it’s SO easy! I have a tart shaper I use to squish my mini muffin sized brownies into little cups (the baggie keeps them from sticking) as soon as they come out of the oven (but you could use anything with a rounded end). Once cooled, they pop right out of the pan and can be filled with all sorts of wonderful things… like a delicious peanut butter filling.
The easiest, least messy way I’ve found to fill my brownie cups is with a plastic baggie. I line a measuring cup with the baggie, fold down the edges to keep it clean and add the filling to baggie. I pull up the edges of the filled bag, squish the filling down to the corner and snip a little hole across the corner of the bag… then just pipe the filling in. It’s a fast, easy alternative to using a pastry bag and it makes a much nicer presentation than just spooning in the filling.
A drizzle of melted Baker’s Chocolate and a sprinkle of crushed peanuts… perfect presentation, perfect flavor. Wouldn’t this look lovely on a table full of holiday desserts? You could even use different fillings and make an entire table of filled brownie cups!
- 1 box Brownie Mix (plus ingredients for making brownies)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Planters Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 container Kraft Cool Whip
- 4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ cup Peanuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Fill greased/sprayed mini-muffin pan wells ⅔ full of brownie batter.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and immediately form brownie cups using a tart shaper or the back of a spoon.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- In the meantime, cream together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter using a mixer.
- Once the peanut butter mix is well blended, gently fold in the cool whip using a spatula.
- Refrigerate the filling for approximately 30 minutes while the brownie cups cool.
- Using a spoon or pasty bag, fill cooled brownie cups with the peanut butter filling.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the chocolate squares at 30 second intervals, stirring between each 30 seconds.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the filled brownie cups.
- Top with crushed peanuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Bacon Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms… Peanut Butter Brownie Bites… lots of other goodies too. Who wouldn’t want to come to this housewarming party? If you’re looking for some other quick and easy ideas for using everyday essentials, like the great Kraft products I used in these recipes, check out the Holiday Family Table with Kraft magazine below. For more information on where I found these products in my store, check out my album on Google+ of my shopping trip.
Is Kraft a part of your home’s ‘pantry staples’? What products do you always have on hand? If you have a creative recipe featuring Kraft products, please share it with us on our Facebook page and if either of these recipes tickle your fancy, be sure to Pin them to your Holiday Desserts / Appetizers board (or just where ever you keep your favorite recipes) on Pinterest or share them with your friends on Facebook!