Nothing says “home” to me more than a big, warm plate of pasta. It doesn’t really matter what kind. I just need noodles, cheese and sauce. My grandmother made spaghetti sauce on a regular basis when I was little, so maybe that’s why pasta always feels like home to me. Being a pasta lover, I’m always trying one thing or another. One of my favorite dishes is lasagna. To change it up a bit, I went for a more individualized approach with Lasagna Rolls. They’re loaded with three cheeses, herbs and topped with Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce. The best part is that you can prep these ahead, freeze them and pull out just the quantity you need.
If you don’t love ooey, gooey, drippy cheese goodness, turn away now. (But, if you are dairy intolerant just grab your favorite dairy-free substitutes!) This recipe does take a bit of prep and planning, so it’s a great Sunday afternoon activity and there are plenty of opportunities to get the kids in the kitchen and prepare a meal together as a family. After all, your family is what really makes home “home”.
- 1 Package Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Jar Ragu Homestyle Spaghetti Sauce (use what ever flavor is your favorite!)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves, Chopped
- 1 Large Container Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Divided
- 3/4 Cup Grates Parmesan Cheese, Divided
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine your Ricotta, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, 1-1/2 cups of the Mozzarella, the parsley and basil, and the nutmeg.
- Add the eggs to the cheese mixture and stir well.
- When your noodles are done, drain them and dump them onto a clean kitchen towel.
- Once cooled, lay the noodles out flat on a firm surface (counter top or cutting board).
- Create layers with the cheese mixture and noodles. Noodle on the bottom, top with a layer of the cheese mixture, top with another noodle and one more layer of cheese. Each roll up with have two layers of the noodles and cheese.
- Roll up the cheesy noodle layers and place them in a baking dish, seam side down.
- Top the roll ups with Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce.
- Top with reserved Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered for 45-60 minutes, removing the foil after about 40 minutes, or until the cheese mixture is cooked through and the cheeses on the top are bubbly and slightly browned.
- Let the rolls cool 15 minutes before serving.
If you’re looking for more Homestyle recipes, check out Ragu’s recipe page. Have a great homestyle recipe of your own to share? Hit us up on Facebook or tell us about it in the comments section below. Happy eating!