This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #V8Mornings #CollectiveBias
Life on the go can be stressful. I leave home between 6:00 and 6:30 am and don’t get home until around 6:00 or 6:30 pm. Factor in sleep, and I get about 4 hours a day to do all the things. Showering, eating, cleaning, and just sitting down for a few minutes are quick to cut into that precious sliver of time. The last thing on my mind at the end of the day is how many servings of veggies I’ve had. But, when I neglect to eat those vital bounties of the Earth, my body will give me a quick reminder. I will start craving them, to the point that I want nothing that isn’t a salad or a full plate of veggies. I’m sure many of you can relate.
One way I make sure to keep my body running on healthy fuel is to make sure I never run out of available options. I pack what I call my “Go-Bag” and take it with me every day. My Go-Bag has a change of clothes (exercise friendly), shoes, a book and a bag of non-perishable (but healthy!) snack options. On days I’m headed into the office, I toss in a cooler bag with my lunch and some other perishable snacks for the day. I also take help where I can get it. Great products like V8® Veggie Blends help me start my day out right. With a full serving of veggies in every 8 oz glass, V8® Veggie Blends: Berry Bliss (my new favorite flavor) helps me start my day ahead of the curve.
I will be the first to admit, it is hard not to constantly eat junk when you don’t have a pantry and refrigerator full of options right at your fingertips. I used to pack a lunch and two small snacks a day, but I found myself “not feeling” what I packed for snacks and I would wander my way to the convenience store for junk or end up in someone’s candy dish. That’s when I started a “more is more” approach. By packing enough items everyday to give myself choices, I find that I am more likely to find something that satisfies me and less likely to seek out alternatives.
- Size Matters – Don’t be skimpy when you’re picking out a bag to serve as your Go-Bag. Remember, you want to have enough room to carry several days worth of non-perishable snacks and several perishable options for each day, plus you need room for you lunch too! When your cruising the aisles of Walmart, swing by and check out the “accessories” section for some bag options.
- Pack a full change of clothes (preferably comfortable clothes you could work out in – you never know when the opportunity might present itself!). Don’t forget shoes. I wear heels most days, so I hate to imagine what I might look like if I needed to use my change of clothes and didn’t have other shoes!
- Use storage baggies to organize your non-perishable snacks. (See a list below for non-perishable snack suggestions.) Don’t skimp either. Keep a nice selection for yourself and remember to refresh them as you starting taking from your stash. Look for snacks that are high in protein. They will fill you up and make you feel more satisfied.
- Pack an empty water bottle. You can almost always find somewhere to fill them up and it might come in handy some day!
- Pack a book or crossword puzzle. Just a little something to keep you busy if you find yourself with free time. Both are also nice ways to enjoy your lunch break.
- Pack a cooler bag with lunch and several perishable snack options. (See the list below for perishable snack suggestions.) Look for new ways to enjoy old favorites. Add dried cherries to yogurt or pineapple to cottage cheese. Chop a little dark chocolate and mix it with peanut butter for a delicious apple or banana dip.
- Don’t forget an ice pack, or you can freeze a bottle of your favorite beverage – perhaps one of the two new flavors of V8® Veggie Blends: Berry Bliss and Caribbean Greens. Both come in 46oz. and 12oz. sizes.
- Take your bag everywhere.
Note – That crazy looking fruit you’ve seen twice now… that’s called Rambuta. I found it while trolling the produce section at Walmart. I am always looking for something interesting to add to my snack selection and it really caught my attention. To my surprise, I really like it!
As far as your actual lunch goes, I suggest packing left overs from dinner when at all possible. Chances are, your dinner included veggies and this is a great way to make sure you are getting all of those daily recommended servings in your diet. Plus, packing leftovers is a breeze. It literally takes seconds, helps with your clean up and there’s no extra prep since you were cooking anyway!
Start your day with V8® Veggie Blends. V8® Veggie Blends are an easy, affordable way to help meet your recommended daily intake of veggies. Did you know that recommends 2-1/2 – 3 cups of veggies per day for adults? V8® Veggie Blends are a healthy beverage option to squeeze in a serving of vegetables with the great taste of fruit. They are a great way to start the day. Each 8oz. serving is 60 calories or less with no sugar added and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
V8® Veggie Blends: Berry Bliss and V8® Veggie Blends: Caribbean Greens are so new that they aren’t even on the website yet, but you can check out the other great flavors here or stop by and check out all of the V8® brand products on their social media sites below. You can find the new flavors as well as your existing favorites at your local Walmart.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/v8
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/v8juice/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/v8juices/
- Website: https://www.campbells.com/v8/products/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/V8