This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PBandG #CollectiveBias
Tis the season for holiday baking! Cookies exchanges, baked gifts and office parties – my oven is going full force! I’m in Walmart at least once a week, if for no other reason than to grab a missing ingredient or two… it seems I’m always running out of something or another. I need to run out and grab some salt right now. The kids and I used the last of that last night making Salt Dough Ornaments.
Back to the holiday baking… Peanut butter and graham crackers are amazing together! Why not make them into a cookie? The two main ingredients in this recipe are Honey Maid Graham Crackers and Skippy Peanut Butter. These cookies are SO easy to make, if you have kids, you should let them help you!
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Salted Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Skippy Peanut Butter (Divided)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
- ¾ Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugars and ½ cup of the peanut butter together.
- Add the egg, ½ cup of the graham cracker crumbs and the flour to the creamed mixture. Continue to mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Make uniform balls of dough and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the dough balls for 9 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and use a flat surface (like the bottom of a glass) to flatten the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely, then pipe the remaining peanut butter onto half of the cookies.
- Place another cookie on top of each filled cookie, pressing down slightly.
- Roll the edges of the sandies in the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
My kiddos were particularly engaged in the filling portion of the cookie making. Mainly, filling their mouths with peanut butter and their bellies with cookies!
We had plenty of left over graham crackers and peanut butter, so rather than buy one of those kits full of prebaked holiday house stuff, we made our own out or graham crackers and used peanut butter as our glue. Honestly, the peanut butter worked way better than any icing I’ve ever tried to use. Plus, we were able to eat our houses without worrying about how long the compnents had been sitting in a box.
While we used candies we had on hand for our decorations, you can get pretty much any candy you want, plus the other ingredients necessary for either of these graham cracker and peanut butter creations at your local Walmart. Make sure to grab these coupons and save $0.50 when you buy (1) Honey Maid Grahams for your holiday baking! Also, follow Honey Maid on Instagram for some holiday fun!