There’s something about Fall that screams “PUMPKIN!” Maybe it’s all the family gatherings and the inevitable pumpkin pie, the trips to the pumpkin patch for that ornamental Halloween jackolantern or maybe it the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte to Starbucks menu. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are great, but what about something a little different… how about a Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte? You probably won’t find it on the menu of your local coffee shop, but you can add it to the menu in your own kitchen!
Most of the ingredients are pantry staples, especially this time of year, but anything you don’t have can be picked up at your grocery store. In 5 minutes, you’ll have a large mug of steaming hot deliciousness!
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of milk of your choosing
- 1 bag of black tea
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of ginger
- In a small saucepan (or microwave safe cup) bring all the ingredients to a boil, except the tea bag. Keep an eye on that saucepan.
- Add the tea bag and allow to steep for a few mins or longer depending how strong you like your tea.
- Pour in mug, add a milk froth and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Stir and enjoy!