I love pasta, I love garlic – and naturally I love them together. When planning dinners last week, I knew I wanted a pasta dish – full of the things I love – with bread and fresh, homemade butter. I also wanted to roast garlic. I knew this was a recipe for an Italian inspired dinner of Shrimp Fettuccine with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce.
I have always loved pasta. One of the things I remember eating as a child was spaghetti with meat sauce – my grandma’s meat sauce – and eating so much it I made myself miserable. I still love spaghetti and meat sauce, fettuccine Alfredo and pretty much every other pasta out there. Something about it is so comforting. I may be Southern, but I will always love my pasta. My kids are big fans too. Ask them what they want for dinner and 9 times out of 10 you will hear “spaghetti” or “cheesy noodles”. They get it from their mama.
Start to finish, you can put this dinner together in less than 30 minutes. I spent most of my prep time shaking cream in a Contigo tumbler (making butter!) in one hand and pulling everything for the pasta together with the other. The most time consuming part is roasting the garlic and can be done ahead if you like. This isn’t your kids’ mac & cheese (in fact, they may not touch half of what’s in this dish) so save this one for a special night with your hubby or significant other.
- 1 lb Fettuccine
- 1 Cube Cubed Ham
- 8 Oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Frozen Green Peas
- ¼ Cup Sundried Tomatoes (Oil Packed)
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Lb Shrimp, Peeled
- I Head Roasted Garlic
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the ham over medium heat.
- As the ham starts warming through, add the mushrooms to the pan. Cook approximately 5 minutes until the mushrooms have released their juices.
- Add the green peas, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and shrimp to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat approximately 5 minutes, or until the shrimp have cooked and the other ingredients have warmed through.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the ham and shrimp mixture to the pasta.
- In the skillet, combine the roasted garlic cloves and cream over low heat.
- Gently break up the garlic cloves and mix through out the cream.
- Once the sauce has warmed, add it to the pasta pot and toss all of the ingredients to coat.
- Serve with bread and butter.