I don’t know how you feel this time of year, but I’m feeling a little ‘fluffy’. I’ve been running my booty off (yet, the booty in question remains) and have signed myself up for at least one race a month through the summer to keep me motivated to train. Coming up this Saturday, I’ll be running in the Charlotte 10 Miler.
While exercise is definitely a must, so is taking a look at what we’re eating. This week for #SundaySupper, we’re doing just that. Our contributors have slaved over calorie counts, ingredient lists and their favorite recipes to bring you a ‘scaled-back’ selection of delicious lighter for you recipes. My booty is thankful. While I very much enjoy all of the festive holiday eating, I don’t always enjoy working to undo the damage. Perhaps these recipes will make it a little easier.
For us, we’re always pressed for time, so I need things that are quick and incorporate filling, nutritious foods. Salads are always yummy, but sometimes staring at a plate of lettuce gets a little boring, so I decided to wrap up some of our favorites.
The key to a healthy salad is using small amounts of flavor packed toppings. This is especially true for your cheese and dressing. If you aren’t careful, you can turn a seemingly healthy meal in to a dietary train wreck. These wraps hold true to those principles, incorporating blue cheese, dried cherries and a balsamic vinaigrette – all in very limited quantities. There’s no lack of flavor though! The grilled chicken adds a great source of protein, and while you can use store bought grilled chicken strips, it’s really simple to make your own!
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 8 ozs Grilled Chicken Strips (homemade or store bought)
- 4 tablespoons Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 4 tablespoons Sliced Almonds
- 4 tablespoons Dried Cherries
- 8 tablespoons prepared Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 6 Sandwich Wraps (I use Flatout w/ Flax Seeds)
- Starting to the far side of each wrap, ½ cup of spinach leaves, 2 ounces of the grilled chicken, 1 tablespoon of each the blue cheese, almonds and cherries, and 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- Start rolling the wrap, gently tucking in the bottom edge as you go.
- Serve with additional dressing on the side if desired.
- wraps per person.
As for the rest of the crew… yeah. As always, no one disappoints. Check out these fabulous contributions to the menu this week and see what you can add to your own meal plan!
Sizzling Skinny Appetizers & Soups
- Napa Cabbage wrapped Chinese Spring Rolls by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- #DairyFree Cream of Broccoli Soup by Galactosemia in PDX
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup by NeighborFood
- Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Tomato Basil Soup by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Skinny Beef Chili by Webicurean
Healthy Skinny Mains & Sides
- Chicken with Herb Tomatoes and Pan Sauce by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Salad Wraps by MamaMommyMom
- Mashed Cauliflower by Supper for a Steal
- Lamb Florentine Burger with Tzatziki by Country Girl in the Village
- Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps by The Daily Dish Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad by Family Foodie
- Parchment-Poached Salmon by Simply Gourmet
- Maddy’s Arugula Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Light chicken enchiladas by My Cute Bride
- Pear Almond Arugula Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pasta Primavera by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cauliflower Fried Rice by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ahi Tuna Salad by The Urban Mrs
- Soba Noodles with Edamame and Green Onions by Hip Foodie Mom
- Scallops Hong Kong Style by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Herb Roasted Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Peas by The Lovely Pantry
- Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers by In The Kitchen With K P
- Salmon Tikka Wraps with Cucumber Raita by Soni’s Food
- Whole wheat pasta with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs by I Run For Wine
- Chipotle Black Bean Burgers with Baked Garlic Home Fries by Curious Cuisiniere
- The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers with Parsnip Fries by Gourmet Drizzles
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots by Mangoes and Chutney
- Italian Sub Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Swiss Chard and Quinoa Croquettes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Broccoli Patties with Arugula and Champagne Vinaigrette by Sustainable Dad
- Raw Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Salmon in Orange Dressing by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich by Damn Delicious
- Confetti Cabbage and Salmon Wraps by The Roxx Box
- Escarole and Beans by Midlife Roadtrip
- Cajun Black Beans by Ruffles and Truffles
- Caprese salad by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Skinny Wholegrain Fettuccine Alfredo with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Oil by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Guilt Free Skinny Desserts & Snacks
- Chocolate Avocado Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Tiramisu Parfaits by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sugar Free Banana Almond Muffins by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns by Juanita’s Cocina
- Warm Apple Crumble by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apricots by girlichef
- Homemade Protein Bar Recipe by Masala Herb
- Skinny Chocolate Almond Pudding by Basic N Delicious
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Skinny Sunday Supper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. This week we will be sharing out special skinnified recipes! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hash tag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Join us Around the Family Table this Sunday at 7pm Eastern Time and share your favorite healthy recipes with us!