There’s something amazing about a warm bowl of chowder. When you can mix up the ingredients, toss them in a slow cooker and walk away for the day, it becomes simply magical! This combination of fresh and prepared ingredients gives you a hearty, filling chowder that you don’t have to slave over.
From apple sauce to beef stew, and about a million things in between, slow cookers are invaluable in the kitchen. My favorite slow cooker is my Hamilton Beach Set n’ Forget (programmable, you guys – it’s the way to go!) but the options are endless. Search “slow cooker” on Amazon and you’ll get over 16,000 results!
- 3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 4 - 6 small carrots
- your choice of alfredo sauce or cream of mushroom soup*
- 1⁄8 cup green onions
- seasonings: garlic, salt, red pepper flakes
- *Use as little or as much as you’d like of the sauce or soup. We made ours with a large jar of
- Alfredo sauce, and one small can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour in Alfredo sauce or cream of mushroom soup, and corn.
- Add in chicken.
- Dice carrots and green onions, add to slow cooker on top of chicken. Add seasonings.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.