We need to make time for the people and things that might always not be available to us.
My husband and I have been talking about this a lot lately. With young kids, it’s easy to get stuck in a bubble (so to speak) of your own life and the rush of get out the door, work, get in the door, bed, rinse and repeat. We’re both guilty of it, often the kids eating together, and Hubs and I eating each on our own. Everyone has things to do, so it’s eat and move on.
We’re both making a conscious effort to have everyone around the table together at least once a week, to talk about our days and just spend time slowing down together. I think of how my grandmother cooks a full breakfast every morning, except Sundays, for not only my grandpa, but also my dad and anyone else that happens to show up. It’s a 7AM ritual that she’s had for as long as I can remember. If she can still do that at nearly 70, there’s no reason we can’t do some version of it too.
Enjoy S’mores Brownies with your #SundaySupper this week.
1 Pkg Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie Mix
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Water
1/2 cup Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bits
1 Sleeve Honey Maid Graham Crackers (Divided)
12 Jet Puffed Stacker Marshmallows
1/2 cup Nestle Mini Chocolate Chips
#SundaySupper can make life a littler sweeter. So can these brownies. They’re easy enough anyone can make them and you can even get the kids involved. What’s everyone else cooking up for #SundaySupper this week? Check it out below…
- Blueberry Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Korean Ribs – Alaska Camping Edition with MrsMamaHen
- Fresh Corn on the Cob by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hearts of Palm Salad with Avocado by Basic n Delicious
- Shallot BBQ Shredded Beef by Juanita’s Cocina
- Taking #SundaySupper Outdoors With a Fun Picnic…Featuring Spicy Pinto and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Corn and Avocado by The Weekend Gourmet
- On Top of Our Game with Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars by The Watering Mouth
- Chicken & Dumplings Around the Campfire by Daily Dish Recipes
- Wine & Food Festivals; a lifestyle the whole family can enjoy! by Wine Everyday
- Outdoor Grilling Filipino Rice Cakes in Coconut & Banana Leaves by The Queen’s Notebook
- Embracing Old Family Traditions while creating New Ones ~ Enchiladas de Chile y Ajo by Girlichef
- The Embassy´s Nut Crescents by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chicken Curry Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosecco Sangria by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Bringing #SundaySupper to All by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey Mustard Baked Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- S’mores Brownies: Desserts Make #SundaySupper by Mama Mommy Mom
- Tandoori Salmon Rolled in Whole Wheat Couscous by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Macaroni with Spinach Pecan Pesto-Enjoying by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Southwestern Chicken Wraps Fam Friends Food
- Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style Family Foodie
- Wines For The Foods That Move You ENOFYLZ
The fun doesn’t stop here… Join us at 7 PM EST on Twitter for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat. Merrill will be joining us and we have some great prizes to give away.
What does #SundaySupper mean to you?