I love a good vampire book. I hopped on the Twilight bandwagon and haven’t stopped since.
While preparing for the large estate auction of a murder victim, small town antiques auctioneer, Lauren McBride stumbles upon a world she never dreamed could exist. The demons of Alzheimer’s, slowly stealing her father’s mind, aren’t the only evil things in Abbey Hills. People from the past come calling, bodies start turning up and Lauren’s life turns upside down. Love, murder and mystery aren’t the only things in Abbey Hills.
I’ll be honest and say that I had reservations about reading a vampire book written by a Christian author. I wasn’t sure exactly how Tandem author Tracey Bateman could work those two things together and still provide enough draw for a vampire fiction fan. First, Tracey set up the typical vampire scenario a little differently…vampires aren’t created, rather they are born from a bloodline afflicted with ‘blood lust’. Giving in to the blood lust is what causes the transformation from human to vampire. Second, Bateman shifts the attention in the book away from the typical ‘hunt’ in most vampire novels to a more layered and complex story where the villain isn’t always the villain.
There are three definitive story lines working through the entire novel, so prepare yourself for a lot of jumping around and a fair amount of back story (especially at the beginning) in the book. It’s a little slow in the beginning, and the story doesn’t seem to progress too much as you work your way through the first few chapters. I was concerned at first (the book isn’t that long) but once it picks up, it really picks up. I love the the villain isn’t a vampire, but rather a human – and it’s not who you suspect!
Tandem is a short, quick read. The content is light enough for teens, but engaging enough for adults.
1. You get 1 entry just for following my blog! This entry must be completed before other entries will count.
2. Share the link to this page on Facebook (1 entry)
3. Follow Mama.Mommy.Mom. on Twitter & RETWEET the following: I entered to win Tandem: A Novel @ www.mamamommymom.com (please leave me the url so I can verify your tweet– I will be checking!) (1 entry)
4. Make a blog post linking to this giveaway. Please leave a comment with a direct link to your post (this is worth 3 entries)
5. Add me to your PUBLIC Blog Roll (make sure to leave a URL I will be checking!) (This is worth 2 entries)
6. Grab my BUTTON and tell me where it is (make sure to leave an address I will be checking and the button MUST be on your HOMEPAGE.) (This is worth 5 entries)
Giveaway ends Jan 22nd @11:59PM EST. USA only. Winner will be picked via Random.org. I will contact the winner via email at the end of the giveaway. Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Please email email@example.com with questions or comments.