*This post may contain affiliate links.
I love sangria. It’s cool, refreshing and perfect for any occasion. It even has fruit, so technically it could be good for you? Sure. Let’s go with that. I’ve never been one for red wine, at least not often, so I adapted a recipe from a friend and made my perfect Strawberry Peach White Wine Sangria!
Take 1/2 cup granulated sugar, add one can of lemon-lime soda (and don’t forget to recycle the can!) and the juice of 3-4 limes. You can heat your limes in the microwave for about 20 seconds to help them let go of their juice.
Stir a little more… You can grab a great glass pitcher like I use on Amazon.
Add I like to use a white grape / peach blend. Brand isn’t important, just get some no sugar added / 100% juice. Add 1 cup of that and stir.
Now for the fruit… I use frozen whole strawberries and sliced peaches. You could add more fruit or different fruit all together. It’s really what you want. I like the pink color that the strawberries give to the sangria and the peaches are a nice compliment to the white grape / peach juice.
Let it sit for at least an hour or two so the sugar has a chance to fully dissolve and fruit can lend it’s flavor to the mix.
While I like the red variety too, white wine sangria will always be my favorite! Do you like sangria? What do you like to sip it along side of?
- 1 Large Bottle (750 ml) Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Limes, Juiced
- 1 Cup White Grape/Peach Juice Blend
- 1 Can Lemon-Lime Soda
- 1 Cup Whole Strawberries
- 1 Cup Sliced Peaches
- In a large pitcher, combined the lime juice, grape/peach juice blend and lemon-lime soda.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour wine into the juice/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add strawberries and peaches.
- This can be made ahead, however do not add the fruit until near time to serve, otherwise the fruit loses it's texture.