It’s been a while, right? Well, I’m making a comeback, just like tie dye, Beanie Babies and pretty much everything from the 90s. Yes, I know tie dye isn’t from the 90s. Tie Dye has been making a comeback in recent years (this might be comeback #2?). You can find it on everything from clothing to home decor, and sometimes even your food! The whole “unicorn-everything” trend is really nothing more than a pastel tie dye simulation… that’s not to say that it isn’t cute or totally delicious, it’s just not something new. But, whether new or old, tie dye is back and I don’t see it leaving us any time soon.
The whole concept behind the Unicorn Frappuccino (and others like it) is blending various flavors to create a unique experience. You might get a little of this flavor or a little of that flavor, or the two might mix and give you an exciting new flavor combo all it’s own. That’s the concept behind this Tie Dye Frozen Daiquiri. Blend it up, sit back in the sun (or shade, if that’s your thing) and take in all of the flavor possibilities…
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 6 Tablespoons sugar, to taste
- 1 cup white rum or tequila
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tray ice cubes
- Place the frozen raspberries, 2 Tablespoons of sugar, 1/3 cup of rum and 1 Tablespoon of lime juice in a high powered smoothie blender. Add 4 ice cubes, or to your personal preference.
- Puree until the ice cubes are broken down into a slushy texture.
- Divide the raspberry mixture into 4 glasses, and then repeat with the mangoes and then the peaches, carefully spooning each over top of the previous layer, or pouring the mixture over the back of a spoon to keep those pretty layers.
- Take your spoon and give each glass a slight swirl to give the tops of the drinks a tie-dye affect.