Weight gain is just as hard as losing it. Especially if you are trying to do it and maintain good health in the process. Yes, you can start eating fast food and drinking sodas with the hopes of gaining a few pounds, but would you risk compromising your health in the process? When you start walking the path that is supposed to get you to gain weight for whatever reason, it is important to choose the right one. And that is a path that will not increase your cholesterol, increase the risk for heart attack or diabetes. And still, this is not an uncommon mistake that most people do. This is exactly what brought us here. We decided to share these 5 awesome smoothie recipes that you can try and feel as your weight is increasing!
Why use smoothies?
When you are trying to gain weight, you need to intake as much as calories as you can in the process. This can be troubling when you try to do it while consuming hard foods.
So why not use your blender and prepare a healthy smoothie instead? And prepare it by using healthy, high-calorie ingredients while you are at it? You will get to enjoy in a great taste and consume all the calories that your body needs while you are doing it.
All that you have to do is choose the right high-calorie ingredients to make sure that you are on the right track towards healthy weight gain! So, let’s see which ingredients and recipes we have on our mind!
- Strawberry, avocado and banana smoothie – This is the perfect smoothie that will ensure quick weight gain. And healthy while we are at it. This mix is perfect to start your mornings and make sure that you are in taking the necessary calories for weight gain through the day! Strawberries are filled with vitamins, fiber and especially with antioxidants. While avocados will improve your general health, they will also make sure that your weight is increasing. Why is that, you ask? Avocados are packed with unsaturated fats that will bring the calories that your body needs to gain some weight. And last but not least, bananas are filled with sugars and calories. It is believed that the banana calorie count is higher than any other fruit counting approximately 135 calories by a cup of banana slices.
- Strawberry, peanut butter, and banana smoothie – For this recipe, you will use the same ingredients as before, with only excluding the avocados. But you will get to use all time favorite – peanut butter! If you want to increase your body weight then what you need are proteins. And what is a better source of proteins than peanut butter? And a healthy one, while we are at it. This is essential for those of you who are aiming towards increasing your muscle tone while gaining weight.
- Peanut butter and banana smoothie – If you are trying to avoid any berries for whatever the reason is, then this is the right choice for a smoothie for you! The peanut butter and banana smoothie will ensure that you enjoy a high-calorie and protein intake. This is the perfect smoothie that will bring you closer to a quick weight gain. You can use it as a replacement for your usual afternoon snack or simply as a refreshment.
- Chocolate and peanut butter smoothie – Who does not like a bit of chocolate? Then again, you would need to use dark chocolate to ensure that you maintain good health, but who would say no to chocolate, even dark? And what about the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? It is a perfect match! Chocolate is high in fats, calories, and sugar, exactly what your body needs to ensure a healthy weight gain, is it not? And then we have peanut butter to add to your chances for healthy weight gaining that you should not ignore!
- Peanut butter, banana, mixed nuts and yogurt smoothie – Since we have discussed the benefits from consuming peanut butter and banana for weight gain, now we would refer to the benefits of mixed nuts and yogurt. Mixed nuts are filled with healthy fats that will ensure high-calorie intake although you are consuming only a small amount of them. Full-fat yogurt is another ingredient that can help by adding healthy fats and calories to your diet.
Both are losing and gaining weight can be troubling when you try to maintain your good health in the process. Both are losing and gaining weight can compromise your health if you do not keep on the right track. And one of the ways is by adding healthy smoothie recipes to your everyday diet. So why not try these 5 healthy diet recipes that we had to share with you and use the health benefits that the ingredients promise? Not only will you be able to gain weight but you will enjoy the many health improvements that will follow. If you add the health benefits of drinking water to it, you are here for a real treat! Do not hesitate to improve your overall health and get the weight from your dreams today!
Kathy Mitchell is a writer and avid researcher on the subject of Health, Nutrition and general wellness. She likes to go out with her friends, travel, swim and practice yoga. In her free time, you can find Kathy curled up reading her favorite novel, or writing in her journal. She is regular Contributor at ConsumerHealthDigest. To know more about her follow her on Google+, Facebook and Twitter.